|HARGRAVE PARISH COUNCILLOR VACANCY|
Key Responsibilities would include:
• Influencing and shaping the long term development policy for the Parish, and as part of the planning process, commenting on planning applications in the Parish.
• Improving the quality of life and the environment in the local area.
• Working to identify issues which are important to the lives of the residents you represent.
• Working to bring about improvements through local projects, lobbying other service providers and working in partnership with other Parishes, local authorities and agencies.
• A Councillor agrees to attend all meetings (reasonably possible) that he or she is summoned to.
• Councillors together as a team are responsible for the financial decisions made and implemented.
• As part of the Parish Council, Councillors may have responsibility for running local services such as public open spaces, play areas, village halls, community car schemes and potentially much more.
• Deciding how much to raise through the precept to deliver the Council’s services.
This offers an opportunity to put something back into the community, it is an important and rewarding role, giving you the opportunity to champion local projects and provide leadership on local initiatives.
If you are interested in learning more about the role please speak to any of our Parish Councillors, their contact details can be found within the newsletter or email: email@example.com